When we are avoiding that inner work, it's easy to gaze outward and see all that's wrong with the world, as if we are somehow above it all - exempt, apart, better than.
When the mind shifts, the body follows suit, adapting and solidifying a new consciousness of and appreciation for the the ability to self-regulate and choose how we move through this life.
Unless you’ve done this work of caregiving, there’s no real understanding of the limitations, the complexity of difficulty, or the toll it takes on the physical, emotional, spiritual and financial well-being of the caregiver.
Funny how we plan, and then another Plan comes into play. You know the One. The One we never take into account when we are doing what we do. The One we conveniently forget about as we move-n-shake our way through life. Yeah that One. The Ultimate Plan.
While it is true that we can manifest what we want in our lives, it is also true that life is interconnected. And every action has an equal and opposite reaction. It's the domino effect.
So, in the words of my grandmother, "be careful what you manifest. Think it through, yet know too that there exists what you cannot see or know or plan for, so be prepared for life to throw you a curve when you least expect it, but most need it". Wisdom.
Recently, a bout of severe pain, chills, fever, exhaution, a trip to the emergency room, and a diagnosis of pneumonia, brought my Nana's words rushing back to me and everything of real importance into clear focus ... again, because we get off-track. And I am reminded of a few observations to share:
- Slowww dowwwn
- The healthier the body, the harder it fights to maintain homeostasis, and the faster it heals
- After 3 days of self-treatment with no improvement, seek medical care
- A strong tolerance for pain is NOT a permission slip for needless suffering
- Allow those who love you and can see what you can't, to advocate for you
- Doctors are great diagnosticians and symptom-solvers
- Sometimes the immediate benefit of drugs outweighs the potential harm
- 'Healing' is a personal commitment we make to ourselves every day
- Strengthen the use of foundational wellness tools (like prayer, Reiki, healing affirmations, essential oils, fresh water, fruits and veggies) at every stage of dis-ease and every stage of wellness
- Get with a health coach to improve daily wellness choices to cleanse properly, boost the immune system, and regain strength
- Give thanks - good health is a precious, delicate, beautiful gift
Peace and good health!