A HUGE part of Reiki, both before and during the class, is preparing to become a clear path for energy flow. Cleansing the body and mind can be of tremendous benefit to this process.
While not mandatory, some students do choose to fast or cleanse for a number of self-determined days prior to beginning this process. It is recommended that students take a 3-day break from negativity, processed foods, animal flesh, cigarettes, caffeine, and intoxicants prior to their initial attunement. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seed are life-giving and energy-sustaining. Should you opt to fast, you may want to continue the fast until the class is over. Again, this is voluntary. Use your best judgement, do what's within your ability, and be gentle with yourself.
NOTE: it IS important not to consume intoxicants (alcohol, marijuana, etc) for at least 48 hours prior to and 48 hours following your pre-class assignments and classes. Intoxicants are energy-altering and may possibly interfere with the attunement and energy processes.
This is a 12-hour class and we have a lot to cover, so please plan to arrive 5-10 minutes early, settle in and be ready to begin on time.
- Each day will begin at 10am and end at 4pm
- Saturday will begin with classroom-type learning and progress to more hands-on participation
- Sunday will be a mostly hands-on day with remote, group and individual Reiki
- Attendance on both days is required to receive your certificate
- We'll take periodic stretch and bathroom breaks
- You will receive your certificates at the end of Sunday's class
The class will be held at Qi To Wellness - 1891 Billingsgate Circle, Henrico, VA 23238 (map). After you turn off Raintree Drive onto Billingsgate, make your first left into the parking lot, and then a right toward the end of the building. Look for Suite C, next door to the acupuncturist.
WHAT TO BRING
- Snacks and lunch ... we have cold/hot water and tea bags, but no refrigeration (I'll try to have a cooler there)
- Paper and pen
- Whatever you need for comfort : floor cushions (we have chairs), pillows, blanket
- Wear comfy loose light-colored (not black) clothing
- Comfy shoes, sweater, etc if you'd like to walk down to the pond (1/4 mile) during lunch time
- An open mind, heart, and hands!
*Leave large, clunky, heavy, metal, and electronic jewelry (watches and fitness trackers) home. If you want to bring small personal crystals with you, that's fine.
REIKI practitioner SHARE
I am very excited that you are joining the Reiki community and look forward to continuing to connect with you after training at our monthly Reiki Practitioner Share! I've already added you the email list so once you complete the class you'll be receiving monthly notifications. If you haven't already, take a moment to give your input.