The hallmark of our Level 2 class is the Reiki clinic where we combine knowledge with skill in an intimate, hands-on approach to unfold a high level of confidence and foster a deeper commitment to the practice of Reiki.
"Reiki is a method of natural healing that uses energy channeled through a practitioner's hands to restore health and a sense of well-being." ~Traditional Reiki for Our Times
Increasingly, Reiki is used as an adjunct and complementary therapy for those managing stress, pain, and healing. Reiki is safe for adults, children, the elderly, and pets.
LEVEL 1 ONLY - SATURDAY, NOV 3 from 8:30pm-12:00pm
Saturday morning is dedicated to Level 1. We will cover Reiki origins and principles, and spend the rest of the evening learning and practicing with Reiki, self-healing, discovering uses for everyday life, discussions, working with family and friends, pets, and more.
LEVELS 1 & 2 - SATURDAY & SUNDAY, NOV 3-4 from 8:30am-5:30pm
Saturday is the Reiki Classroom. The day will be spent on an appreciation for Reiki origins and principles, attunements, learning and practicing with Reiki symbols, self-healing, working with others, discovering uses for everyday life, discussions and more.
REIKI CLINIC (Reiki II students) - SUNDAY, NOV 4 from 10:00am-4:30pm
Sunday is the Reiki Clinic, a practicum or hands-on experience for Level II student designed to put all of what you have learned into action. Throughout the day, we will discuss ethics, professionalism, establishing a Reiki practice, participate in Reiki Circles sharing and receiving from other students, as well as completing one-on-one sessions with live clients.
The hallmark of our classes and the clinic is providing knowledge, skill, and an intimate, interactive approach that instills a high level of confidence and fosters a deeper commitment to the practice of Reiki. Students leave the class empowered and prepared to begin using and sharing Reiki immediately.
LEVEL ONE CLASS
- Hands-on Usui Reiki attunements
- Understanding of the Usui Reiki symbols, including uses
- Protocols for and experience with Reiki self-treatments
- Knowledge on using Reiki with family, friends, pets, and objects
- Usui Reiki Level I eHandbook and certificate
- Invitation to future Reiki Level II certification classes and Reiki Shares
LEVEL TWO CLASS
- Everything in Level I class (above)
- Protocols for and experience performing a full Reiki session on others
- Protocols for and experience sending Reiki remotely
- Mediations for developing sensitivity, grounding and breathing
- Knowledge for establishing and offering Reiki ethically in a professional setting
- Hands-on experience with live clients in the Reiki Clinic (required for certification)
- Reiki Level I & II eHandbooks
- A Usui Reiki Advanced Practitioner (Level II) certificate
- A private invitation to attend our Reiki Practitioner's Share, a free monthly gathering of multi-level practitioners to give and receive Reiki, share experiences, mingle, and support one another
- Invitation to future Reiki Master certification classes
Enroll in Levels 1 & 2 Aug 1-Sep 10:
- Reserve your seat with a deposit (balance is invoiced)
- Private in-person pre-class Reiki session & attunement
- Remote atunement
- Online access to pre-class assignments and handbook
Enroll in Levels 1 & 2 Sept 11-Oct 6:
- Full payment required
- Remote atunement
- Online access to pre-class assignments and handbook
A fun and interactive, educational cooking class series for beginning and experienced cooks focused on foods from the African Diaspora, including the African continent, Central and South Americas, and the South and Southwestern USA.
All foods prepared in the series are free of animal products and by-products, sugar and alcohol. Only a few recipes include gluten and these are easily avoided. Please notify us if you have any other food concerns.
Each enrollee will receive a workbook with recipes.
Six Sundays - Sep 23, 30 and Oct 7, 14, 21, 28 from 1:30pm-3:00pm
Class location: St. Mary's Woods Retirement Community - Enter driveway at tall blue flags on Gaskins, follow road straight back - park in first lot on the left and enter community room (next to the chapel).
Interest in indigenous foods and cultures
Open to learning and discovery
Excited to learn new (plant-based) recipes
Desire to improve kitchen/cooking/food skills
Prepared each week to learn, laugh, share, cook and eat!
Pre-enrollment (no walk-ins)
*Oldways is a nonprofit food and nutrition education organization, founded in 1990, with a mission to guide people to good health through heritage, and the sponsors of this cooking series. All personal information will be kept confidential. For statistical purposes, your measurements (weight/height/body type/inches/age) will be sent anonymously to Oldways (without your name or other identifying data).
A fun and interactive educational cooking class series for beginning and experienced cooks, focused on foods from the African Diaspora - including Africa, Central America and the Caribbean, the Southwestern and Southern USA.
Alongside history, principles, logistics and ethics, we'll have fun learning about our physical, emotional and energy bodies, being grounded in goodness, making powerful connections, and utilizing positive energy flow for wellbeing ... plus lots of hands-on experience in the Reiki Clinic and some info on plant medicines! All in a convenient West End location.
In order to maintain an intimate, hands-on approach that empowers and prepares the student to confidently begin using and sharing Reiki immediately, we will only accept 6 students for this class. Easy-pay options help you secure a spot early.
- Reiki 1: Friday from 6pm - 10pm
First and foremost, Reiki is for self-healing, relaxation, calming and clarity. You will receive your in-class attunement. We will focus on self-healing, as well as working with children, animals, plants, family and friends. We'll cover what Reiki is and isn't, Reiki history, theories, principles, hand placements, symbols and the role of intuition.
- Reiki 2: Saturday from 9am - 4:30pm
Prerequisite: completion of Reiki Level 1 training at Qi To Wellness prior to this date. If you are trained in Reiki Level 1 from another instructor, please call us before registering.
The focus is on a deeper commitment to the practice, extending beyond oneself and one's close circle (family and friends) to the treatment of others (both in person and remotely) as well as solidifying yourself as a Reiki professional in the greater community.
Roll up your sleeves and get ready for a day of grounding techniques, body scanning, more hands-on Reiki including remote sessions, discovering uses for Reiki in everyday life, and working with live clients in the clinic!
The Reiki Clinic is a practicum that begins with the Reiki Circle where you will practice Reiki with your classmates to develop a level of comfort. By afternoon, you will progress to offering 1:1 consultation + Reiki to a real life client (whom you invite), empowering you to put into action all you've learned. Your guests are welcome to stay for the graduation and celebrate your achievement!
Tuition includes ...
- Reiki Handbook
- Pre-class assignment
- Pre-class remote attunement + in-class attunement
- Hands-on practicum in the Reiki Circle and Clinic
- Wholesale essential oil account with doTERRA + EO consultation (optional)
- Reiki 1 Training Certificate or Reiki 2 Practitioner Certificate
*Early registration ends on March 31, 2016. Registration after this date may not be available.