These days, there are a lot of good books on Reiki. These seven are a good start. I keep them in my library and recommend you read each of them, as well as others, as you are inclined. For this assignment, choose one to read through:
- The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui by Dr. Mikao Usui and Frank Arjava Petter
- The Reiki Sourcebook by Bronwen Steine and Frans Stiene
- The Spirit of Reiki: The Complete Handbook of the Reiki System by Walter Lubeck, Frank Arjava Petter, and William Lee Rand
- Traditional Reiki for Our Times: Practical Methods for Personal and Planetary Healing by Amy Z. Rowland
- Intuitive Reiki for Our Times: Essential Techniques for Enhancing Your Practice by Amy Z. Rowland
- Energy Healing: The Essentials of Self-Care by Ann Marie Chiasson, MD
- Self-Healing Reiki: Freeing the Symbols, Attunements, and Techniques by Barbara Emerson
- Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art by Diane Stein
Once you’ve selected and read one of these books, write a review of it (no more than three pages), discussing:
The author’s central views on Reiki ... for instance: Do they hold strongly to Reiki traditions or are they innovative? Are they mostly focused on the mystical, emotional, or physical aspects of healing? Give examples.
A theme, statement, or teaching the author holds that sparked an interest for you. How will you explore that?
A theme, statement, or teaching the author holds that you have a different perspective on. What is your view?
Name something you wish the author had covered or discussed more in depth. Why?